Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 21:05:47 -0500

On 6/28/17 8:04 PM, Shawn Donley wrote:
I think the real question is if a lightning strike can cause internal damage to
a tower concrete foundation that you can not easily detect.
Of importance to me is if lightning can cause sufficient damage to a properly constructed and protected tower foundation otherwise in good condition to render it unsafe for continued service. So far there are no facts in evidence to show a clear and present danger exists to properly constructed and protected tower foundations from lightning. As always, I am open to additional factual information.

Patrick         NJ5G