[TowerTalk] Polygon Rod

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Polygon Rod
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 14:42:11 -0400
I recently moved out to KH6 and transported the remains of a 1000 ft coil which
was still in the original coil configuration (8 Ft diameter).  The coil was
purchased in 2011 and had been stored outside in a mostly shaded area.  Other
than some green mold on it from being stored in a shaded area, when uncoiled
out here a few months ago it appeared to be in excellent shape and I used the
200 feet that was left on the roll to guy my new tower at the top level.

It was 5/16 EHS equivalent and I bought it for about 65 cents a foot if I
remember correctly, but that was back in 2011.  Call Polygon for a price.  It
comes in a minimum 1000 foot roll.  Shipping may be an issue since the coil is
light but the 8 ft diameter roll is cumbersome to ship.

Guy grips are another issue.  PLP stocks them but you must get a box of 25 and
they have a $500 minimum order.  A broken box less than 25 will be $$$.  This
was their policy back in 2011.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS