[TowerTalk] vertical dipole at WWVH

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] vertical dipole at WWVH
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 12:35:37 -0700
I'm looking for information on the two phased dipoles for 5,10, and 15 at WWVH - They're spaced and phased 90 degrees to point west, but I'm interested in the vertical pattern. It's straightforward to model and that's good enough for my purposes, but it's unclear from the photos on the NIST website how high the feed point is - it kind of looks like it's about 0.3 or 0.4 wavelength high

I talked to the station engineer this morning and he didn't recall that anyone had actually measured the pattern, and I forgot to ask about the antenna dimensions.

I figured someone here might have taken pictures, or knows where there's a description of the antennas with dimensions (the NIST Tech Bulletin just describes it in general)