Re: [TowerTalk] TX472MDP Rotator

To: John Groom <jamdog509@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TX472MDP Rotator
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 11:46:48 -0400
John, I had similar problems with T2X in an LM-470. I was advised by Skip (KJ6Y?) to install 1-2" lengths of angle aluminum spacers attached to each of the three vertical pipes to support the rotor plate in the center of the face (opening) so that the rotor's protruding flanges don't contact the struts when turning. I have also used pipe clamps on each pipe with their screw housings pointed toward the inside of the tower to support the plate. The plate rests on the housings.

Nevertheless, I recently had to replace a T2X because it had outlived its usefulness. A Yaesu G-1000 fits easily into the LM-470 and turns a four element Steppir Yagi.

73, Joe
K2XX

John Groom <mailto:jamdog509@gmail.com>
Friday, August 25, 2017 8:04 AM
I am looking for help in determining the best rotor to fit in my TX472MDP tower. Have a new TX2 but the diameter is too great. I'm turning a Hygain TH11DX only right now but would like to add a smaller 40 meter beam eventually. Already have a new Green Herron controller. What will fit in the tower? Alpha Spid?
Thanks,
John WB8LXE

Sent from my iPhone