Re: [TowerTalk] Prelube 6 vs. Prelube 19

To: WK1W-Ivan Shapiro <WK1W@ivanshapiro.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Prelube 6 vs. Prelube 19
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 06:20:01 -0700
A technique for getting the spray all on the wire rope: I used a 4" diameter plastic funnel, slit full length and slid onto the cable. Essentially, all of the spray then goes on/in the wire rope and would run down about 2-3' before being completely absorbed. Then I moved the tower enough to make a new section of wire reachable. It helps if a friend mans the up/down switch. Draw out a map of how your cables run since with a pull down tower there are a lot of them and it is easy to miss a section.

Grant KZ1W