[TowerTalk] Grease for motorized winch

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grease for motorized winch
From: "Cox, Norman R." <nrc@mst.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 21:52:04 +0000
     I have a U.S. Towers HDX-555 (motorized) that has worked great.  After a
couple of months in the nested position, I found the winch gearing seized up.
I was able to break it free with a crowbar.  I checked the gearbox fluid --
just fine (right level and clean).

    In the fine print at the bottom of the tower literature, it mentioned that
I should grease the bearing/bushing fittings with lithium complex grease.  I
don't know that much about lubricants -- Could someone suggest the right type
of lithium complex grease I should use?  I found a number of different types at
stores and on the internet, but don't know if it matters or not.

Thanks!

Norm

KE0ZT