[TowerTalk] more on hinged bases

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] more on hinged bases
From: greenacres113@charter.net
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 12:38:02 -0500

        In your case with a winch on the house I think 3 adults could easily
'walk' your tower up with the ant. & rotor attached.

        Most ant.s start to really perform a half wave high or higher. You
get that TA33 up 35' & it will work. I know there's Mosley bashers out
there. My TA33 is at 51'. I DX & occasionally contest. No ant. is over
54' up. I've done OK. Currently 360 entities confirmed. 318 confirmed
on 30m & 98 on 6m. I can't beat the contest boys but I hold my own.
That's running the K line @ 500w max.

        K9IL