[TowerTalk] questions about installing a mast

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] questions about installing a mast
From: k7wxw <k7wxw@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 18:53:17 -0700
I live on a small corner lot in Portland and trying to improve my antenna
situation. Given my lot layout, powerlines and neighbors, a tower or a guyed
mast is not possible so I am considering an unguyed mast to serve as the
centerpoint for a dipole. The mast would also host  2M/70CM and GMRS verticals,
one under the other.

Here's the idea: a 50' Rohn telescopic mast on a Rohn base plate attached with
wall mounts to my 34' brick chimney.  Can I do this without guying the upper
16' of the mast? If I have to guy the mast, can I do so with two guy points on
the roof, assuming I can get enough of an angle?  I am not sure how to figure
this out, not having done it before.

Thanks for any help and 73 de bill