[TowerTalk] Concrete base - tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete base - tower
From: Larry Horlick <llhorlick@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:29:59 -0230
I am preparing to install a 70' Trylon SuperTitan S500. Nothing is done at
this stage...I'm thinking about pouring the base first. Hi.

The manufacturer has supplied a drawing of the required concrete base. It
is a pad and pier design. Doing a pad and pier is significantly more work
(i.e. creating the form) than, say, just a rectangular block that I could
simply pour in the hole with very little form work.

My question is...Can do that? Can I change the pad/pier to a block, by
altering the dimensions, amount of rebar, etc. to arrive at an "equivalent"
to the pad/pier??

I welcome any relevant comments/questions/suggestions.

Larry
VO1FOG