Re: [TowerTalk] rotor @ 200m distance

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rotor @ 200m distance
From: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 20:16:28 +0000
Hi all,

Actually there are other options based on to install a remote controller on the
mast/tower, then control remotely by Ethernet, Wifi, FibreOptic, etc.

One of those options is the K3NG system:
https://blog.radioartisan.com/yaesu-rotator-computer-serial-interface/

This system has a Master-Slave configuration for remote control over LAN
(Ethernet, Wifi, FibreOptic).

One more complete and plug and play option is the 4O3A solution:

http://www.4o3a.com/products/station-automation/rotator-genius/

Both are based in a remote controller, installed in the tower and connected
directly to the antenna rotator. Then a control device in the shack, connected
by ethernet in any flavour (Ethernet, Wifi, FibreOptic, etc.)

73, Maximo