Re: [TowerTalk] "75-Meter Dipole Stretcher"

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "75-Meter Dipole Stretcher"
From: Tom Osborne <w7why1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 10:10:45 -0700
Maybe I am 'inept' on how to use ladder line, but I have been using it for
60 years off and on.  Problem with my setup using ladder line is noise.

Maybe I just don't understand how to use it, but on my 40 meter dipole that
I had ladder line on, the noise is about 3 or 4 s-units louder with the
ladder line than with the same antenna ded with coax..

I could put a 4:1 balun between the ladder line and a piece of coax, but
don't like to do that as the impedance is all over the place when you go
from band to band with the ladder line.

So - how do I use the ladder line and lower the amount of noise on the
feedline?  Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY