Re: [TowerTalk] height of ground rod at tower base

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] height of ground rod at tower base
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 09:14:09 -0700
On 10/24/2017 6:21 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
  How big a gauge of cu wire can you stuff into those rohn tower leg ground
connectors ???

The wires (and/or copper strap) is clamped between two heavy brass plates that are tightened by a good sized bolt. I'd guess that you could put almost any practical size of wire through it, at least AWG#2.

Another thought for Jeff -- last I looked at NEC, they want ground rods at the service entrance to be completely buried, with the connection below grade. There's a specified depth, don't remember what it is.

73, Jim K9YC