[TowerTalk] US Tower MA40 Questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA40 Questions
From: Terry Brown <n7tb@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 15:51:51 -0700
I asked earlier about Rohn unguyed tower height and really appreciate all the
advice.

I have come to the realization that at 70 yrs old, I really don’t want to be
climbing towers any more. Combined with the fact that I live in an exposed area
with high winds at times.

My ideal antenna height would be between 35-40 ft.   With the ability to crank
down to 20 or so height in storms and wind. Being able to tilt over and service
my antenna would be great.

Although very spendy, I have been looking at the US Tower MA-40 with the
tiltover base and rotor base. I’m not sure if a person could get the tiltover
base and still mount the rotor on the top mast.

I would appreciate getting any opinions of this tower from people who have used
them. I would have a Mosley TA-33 JR for an antenna.

Also, does the tower rattle back and forth in the wind?

Thanks so much,

Terry de N7TB