Re: [TowerTalk] Terry's Tiltover

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Terry's Tiltover
From: Clay Autery <KY5G@montac.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 13:02:10 -0500
If they were broken, the the previous owners were morons that did something REALLY stupid.  Because IF you have the right screw for the right tower, the screw has a LOT of performance margin.

You DO have to keep them clean, well-lubed and ideally covered with a capped piece of PVC when in the up position.

Well, yes, it is obvious that you need the room to lay it down... I'm on a sub-division lot that is fortunately precisely deep enough to lay down a 60 foot tower with about 10 foot of mast and a 26 foot turning radius beam on it...

I wasn't suggesting that it was the answer to all situations.... Heights makes aluminum crank-down, tilt-overs too...  :)

73,
Clay
KY5G