Re: [TowerTalk] OT. FS Tower & Coax Grounding-Sealing Kits

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT. FS Tower & Coax Grounding-Sealing Kits
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 19:03:16 -0500
2-1/4" Heliax. We installed a bunch of it on cell sites, but the customers finally figured out that it was overkill. Bump the TX power up a bit if you like, and install TMA's (tower mounted pre-amps) near the antenna for Rx noise figure purposes, and save tower lease cost by reducing feedline weight and windload.

Of course there exists much larger coax mostly found on high power FM stations and VHF/low UHF TV stations. Higher channels will be waveguide.

-Steve K8LX