Re: [TowerTalk] 2-el 15/20 meter duobander

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2-el 15/20 meter duobander
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:10:25 -0800
There are a number of performance parameter choices for optimizing - gain, swr, & F/R are the 3 most useful for me of the 6 possible, over a range of frequencies of your choosing and weighting factors re how important each one is for you. Of course they all interact so some judgement is needed in what you ask the optimizer to do. There isn't much to optimize with only 2 elements but I think with any interlaced design AutoEZ is a must. It is amazing what designers achieved on multiband designs before Dan produced this tool.

I've noticed with 5 and 6 element designs I've done, that once 50 ohms is specified as the feedpoint Z, OWA looking designs seem to pop right out of the optimizer.

Grant KZ1W