Re: [TowerTalk] Hello

To: Seth Lavinder <w8fg.tower@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hello
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 11:22:54 -0500
Seth,

You’ve come to the right place. There is a world of knowledge in the
archives and with the people here. I’ve learned a lot and am about to put
up my 4th tower in my 48 years as a ham.

My advice is to make sure that your tower is constructed in accordance with
local
​or state code and you need to determine if you need a permit. If you do, I
recommend that you get a copy of *Antenna Zoning for the Radio Amateur ​*before
you go see your municipality's building official:
http://www.antennazoning.com/main/page_amateur_radio_antenna_zoning_book.html

​ot only will this regulate your engineering to arrive at a safe, approved
installation, it will keep you from having issues with the local officials
down the road.

Good luck, keep us apprised of your progress!

73,

Mickey N4MB