[TowerTalk] Hex beams

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hex beams
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 14:31:13 -0500
Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    Tnx for your help in helping me find that KIO hex beam for a customer of
mine.

    I've installed a couple of them and in each case when I went to install
them, the owners raved about them. They were assembled on a picnic table. They
got on the air to see if it worked and they worked some DX! On the picnic table!

    So my customer had also assembled his on his picnic table and I told him to
get on the air and check it out. We're in the Pacific NW so DX isn't very close
but danged if he didn't get on and work England! With the antenna on a picnic
table!

    I'm still pretty impressed with these antennas and wanted to share my
experience with them.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH