Re: [TowerTalk] mounting a dipole to the side of a tower

To: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] mounting a dipole to the side of a tower
From: Big Don <bigdon39@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 05:19:56 -0700
We mounted a 30-meter full size dipole at 76' assembled from 204BA parts on
the side of a Rohn25 tower with coaxial balun.
It is spaced about a foot away from the nearest tower side rail, with a
matching hanger off the tower for a truss.
Has worked fine, been up 12 years. Fixed direction but would be fine on a
rotating tower.
SWR is less than 1.1 regardless of positions of the rotary beams above and
below it, no significant interactions.
Fotos showing details are on our QRZ page.
73, Don N7EF