[TowerTalk] Fwd: Dish

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Dish
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 16:04:13 -0400
 It depends on how big the dish is. I don't know anything about Exede but a
typical direct TV etc is useful for UHF/SHF dx-ing. I have seen them used for
typical Mountain Top DX contests, there I believe we are talking mostly
line-of-sight, tropo-"bending" and such. If you have, say, a 10 foot dish I
guess it may be useful for moon-bunch. I don't think, but I might be wrong,
this is something you put up in a tower as the opening angle is rather narrow
with following needed precision in aiming.

I have done very little that pertain to SHF just some short distance with
typical door openers you find in department-stores. (You can reach rather long
distances with those.)

Just some dime from me. Good luck with your dish and tell me what you decided
to do.

73 de,

Hans - N2JFS