[TowerTalk] messed up wiring to key my amp

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com, terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] messed up wiring to key my amp
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 12:01:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks,

A few days ago I got the bright idea to try cleaning up my rats nest of wires
behind my operating bench and ended up losing two Autek WM-1 watt meters, my P3
panadapter and the keying for my Palstar amp from my K3. I'd like to know is
anyone has using something like a single source switch to key both the
transceiver and the amp? I'm worried about getting timing issues that might
hurt my K3 driving my Palstar HF-2500 from my Heil footswitch The foot switch
has dual  leads so it would be easy to just connect one direct to the amp
instead of using the Key Out of the K3 which appears to have some kind of
issue.

Has anyone used the heil foot switch to do this? Were there any problems? I do
have one of those external keying devices from Ameritron or whoever but that
would require more wiring and of course another 12 volt power supply. Which is
where my problems started in the first place!

Terry

KI7M