Re: [TowerTalk] Replacing station ground

To: Fred Keen <fredkeen@ymail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replacing station ground
From: Bob Matthews <kt3rr@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 15:38:49 -0400
Hi Bob

You may want to download the Motorola R56  pdf file online. Also QRZ dot com
has a 3 part forum on station grounding hosted by a PE who installs and
inspects cell tower sites. Both are a very interesting and informative read.

Whenever I pass coax or hardline through box enclosures or panels, I find 1/2”
- 1” J-cord connectors work great in keeping out the insects and moisture. Just
pick the size that suits your feedline diameter. They are available in standard
and Liqui-tite. Home Depot and any electrical supply house usually stock them.

Usually #4 solid copper wire is adequate for grounding.

Hope this helps you out some.

Bob Matthews  KT3RR
Sent from my iPhone