Re: [TowerTalk] Mitsubishi interference?

To: Howard Hoyt <hhoyt@mebtel.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mitsubishi interference?
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 10:54:53 -0700
My Mitsubishi is 10 feet from a receiving loop.
No RFI has ever been observed listening on the
loop.  Case closed, regardless of the issues below.

Rick N6RK

On 7/26/2018 9:16 AM, Howard Hoyt wrote:
Hi Jim!  You said:

Remember that RF is radiated by ANTENNAS, NOT transmitters, so what matters for RFI is the relationship between the ANTENNAS and the RF source (or victim).

73, Jim K9YC

And you being a master of the subject I am assuming you state this with the assumption that the feedlines are adequately CM choked at the feedpoint, and perhaps where it enters the structure as well.  Otherwise RFI has the feedline as a path of ingress. Of course, without CM choking, the feedline IS part of the antenna so your statement is correct as written!

Cheers & 73,
Howie - WA4PSC