Re: [TowerTalk] 80m DX special dipole

To: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>, danac6la@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m DX special dipole
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 12:54:10 -0700
On 9/13/2018 7:50 AM, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:
80/75 meters. Unlike dipole that can be broadbanded, I have yet to find a
way a suitable way to broadband a Marconi "T" vertical.  I do recall many

It should be possible to broadband your vertical using lumped element
circuits at the base. You would need to model or measure the base impedance vs frequency and then find the element values by trial and error with a modeling program like SimSmith. Somewhere in the past, QST had an article about this in "technical correspondence" that related to
dipoles.  That would at least get you started.

Dan:  can AUTO-EZ do this optimization?

73
Rick N6RK