Re: [TowerTalk] BOG vs BEV on 160

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BOG vs BEV on 160
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:29:51 -0700
On 9/19/2018 3:24 PM, Keith Hanson wrote:
  I could manage a 500' Beverage on my lot, but it would have to pass almost
directly past the tower from which the sloper is hung.  Any opinions here on
whether I would improve my situation by putting up a short above ground
Beverage this year instead of the BOG.

I have exactly that with two reversible Beverages using DXE hardware and 400 ohm window line. They work. One is 550 ft, the other 500 ft. They both run close to sloping verticals suspended from my 120 ft tower. If you can do 500 ft, DO it! They might work better if I detuned the antennas and the tower. Too many other irons in the fire to try it.

73, Jim K9YC