[TowerTalk] Tower climbing- and the our great loss of W0AIH

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower climbing- and the our great loss of W0AIH
From: rlvz--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 16:43:32 -0400
Paul Bittner was an extremely well experienced tower climber.  Very few
commercial tower climbers have as much experience as Paul did which is a rather
scary thought.  We need to use great safety measures when climbing towers
regardless how experienced we are.  I believe that experienced tower climbers,
including myself, sometimes skimp on safety measures when we are working on
antennas mounted close to ground, which I believe is what Paul was doing as the
initial report said he was working on an antenna 60' above ground.  As most of
you know, Paul had 35 towers and was used to standing on antenna booms at the
200' level.

This tremendous loss of Paul Bittner- W0AIH has me really re-thinking the tower
safety measures and precautions I use, and that I better not skimp on tower
safety.

Let's do our best at being careful with antenna and tower work so we can enjoy
our wonderful hobby.

73,
Dick- K9OM

In a message dated 11/1/2018 3:27:04 PM Central Standard Time,