Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Inverted L Question

To: jim@rhodesend.net, mryan001@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Inverted L Question
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 20:29:40 -0800
I've used PVC pipe, acrylic sheet, delrin rod, UV resistant nylon and UV resistant UHMW as base and element insulators. There is not much voltage stress at the feed Z of what he is building. At 160m the dielectric properties of any plastic are fine. Grey PVC pipe (electrical conduit) is UV resistant, cheap, and widely available. Heavy wall PVC (schedule 80) is almost always a darker resistant material.