[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: guying distance

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: guying distance
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 05:32:52 +0000 (UTC)
 OK Jim,
I disagree as the Hooks law is still valid. It's just that the Hooks "spring
coefficient" will vary with the distance. A fast calculation in my head reveals
that it will move the optimal point closer to the tower as the closer to the
tower, the less influence from the catenary curve.

Just wondering if I can substitute the catenary curve with a weight in the
center of a weightless guy wire or maybe a few weights evenly distributed along
the wire. I'll check it out.

Hans - N2JFS