Re: [TowerTalk] Weatherproof Remote Antenna Switch Box Plus

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weatherproof Remote Antenna Switch Box Plus
From: "WK1W-Ivan Shapiro" <WK1W@ivanshapiro.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:42:57 -0400
Regarding Grant Saviers KZ1W, who wrote:

One other solution for large boxes is to use a steel office cabinet with
doors. Throw away the shelves.  Really cheap at auctions or used dealers.
$199 for this one:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/945923/Realspace-42-Steel-Storage-Cab
inet-With/;jsessionid=0000OXyY69cxI1dd1RzSOoXc0Fm:17h4h7b45

I used a standard electrical PVC box from Lowes. Worked well, but too small,
crowded with arrestors etc. Definitely waterproof. Two questions for Grant
KZ1W:

        (1) Do you know the weight. I could not find it.

        (2) Your opinion, please, how watertight compared to a standard
electrical PVC box.

Thanks.

73 de Ivan WK1W

https://www.qrz.com/db/WK1W