Re: [TowerTalk] Liquid Electrical Tape?

To: Lou Laderman <lladerman@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Liquid Electrical Tape?
From: Mike DeChristopher <mfdechristopher@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 14:55:31 -0400
I too use the Star Brite original formula liquid electrical tape, and
for much the same reason as Lou: it's right there at Home Depot. As a
bonus, the graphics on the can make it look like its been on your
shelf since the Nixon -era!

My method is to take the applicator top off then heat it up just
*slightly* on the wood stove (map torch works too but don't get it too
hot). This lowers the viscosity just a bit to really get in those
nooks and crannies. Once it's almost dry, I wrap the whole thing with
scotch 88 to seal it up. Never a failure in ~15 years of using this
method but be advised that it's permanent! YMMV

73,
Mike N1TA