Re: [TowerTalk] K1PEK de NW2K - Towertalk Ads

To: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K1PEK de NW2K - Towertalk Ads
From: Steve Lott <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:35:30 -0500
My recommendation is that anyone that thinks the ‘ads’ are distracting from
substance in the Tower Talk reflector........

That they never attend Contest University,
BUT.........

They will also miss out on a great learning environment    CTU. Rocks !!!

I have found in one of my prior careers
(Professional Photography) that the experts almost always have something to
sell
That does not always dilute what they have to say
In fact rarely does it in Ham Radio!!!

Steve
KG5VK

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 2:38 PM Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,I agree Steve (LXC). It's hard enough for the big manufacturers
> to make a profit in the ham radio market. The smaller manufacturers and
> distributors really struggle and can use all the support we can give them,
> especially when they can think of innovative ways to be competitive.So far
> any commercial posts on towertalk have not even become background noise.
> There is always the delete button.73,Gary K9GS
> -------- Original message --------From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <
> towertalk@contesting.com> Date: 4/15/19  12:12 PM  (GMT-06:00) To:
> nw2k@perluma.com, SDavis@DavisRF.com, towertalk@contesting.com Subject:
> [TowerTalk] K1PEK de NW2K - Towertalk Ads >  Steve K1PEK, others may feel
> differently, but I'm not a fan of commercial ads on Towertalk.Howdy --
> Tnx for your comments. The fact is that half of the stuff discussed on TT
> has to do with buying something; e.g. ferrite cores, various antennas,
> towers, masts, grounding stuff, etc. And as a member of TT, like most of us
> you're always happy to hear from the vendor/manufacturer who can give us
> the straight skinny on a product and dispel any myths or bad info about
> something that the're an expert on and they're passing along their hard won
> (albeit slightly biased) opinion and expertise. I won't discourage that.
> Sorry you don't see it that way.    There are enough old wives tales in ham
> radio and this very occasional commercial input from experts helps
> contribute to the knowledge of individuals and the group. You can use your
> delete button on Steve's posts but I'll guarantee you that somewhere in
> that post is a kernel of information and truth that you may indeed find
> helpful and/or enlightening. I'm just saying.Cheers,Steve     K7LXCTT
> ADMIN

Steve
Tele 318-470-9806
2019 ARRL NTX Section Manager