[TowerTalk] HyGain T-2X

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] HyGain T-2X
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 19:44:53 -0500
As my tower replacement project progresses, I opened up the rotator. It was working normally before I took it down a few weeks ago, though it sounded a bit rough. Inside, though, I found some serious damage to the bearing races, primarily indentations. It had been in service for almost 30 years, inside the tower with a thrust bearing.

There's not much I can do about the bearing races. I'm pretty sure the thing will still turn the antennas, though the ride may be a bit bumpy. The only alternative is replacing it.  I'm considering just buying a new T-2X, but I'm not hearing good things about the current versions. Any suggestions?

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA