[TowerTalk] Heathkit SA-7010/Hy-Gain TH-4

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Heathkit SA-7010/Hy-Gain TH-4
From: John Kemker <kemkerj3@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 18:01:28 -0400
I've purchased a used Heathkit SA-7010 from another ham and am in the
process of restoring it to usable condition.  MFJ's Tech Support told me
that it's basically a TH-4 from Hy-Gain, marketed by Heath back in the day.

Anybody got any idea if the 5.8 sq. ft. "Surface Area" listed in the
Heathkit manual is a good number to use for wind load?  I'd like to figure
out if the CD45 that I've got will be sturdy enough to turn this antenna.

--73 de W5NNH

--
--John E Kemker III