Re: [TowerTalk] Wire antenna?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire antenna?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 21:20:44 -0700
Agree.

It's amazing how many folks drink the "all band ladder line fed <insert bad idea>" kool-aid. And can't be deterred by awful patterns, horrific SWR's, feedline radiation and weather losses, and RF in the shack.

Before I knew better I tried the "all band 80m doublet, web ladder line fed". Then I modeled and put up an 80/40/20 fan dipole. +++++ on all counts.

Grant KZ1W