Re: [TowerTalk] correcting aluminum tube

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, Kim <whensley11@comcast.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] correcting aluminum tube
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 22:31:22 +0000
I just repaired the boom of a F12 yagi (a neighbor, I think an XR-5) that broke
in the big snow we had up here.  No problem making the damaged end round again
to insert a splice piece.

What I do is put some heavy grease on the threads and on the end pieces that
slide on the pressure pads.  If the piece is badly out of round I tighten, tap
with a  hammer around the circumference, tighten, tap, etc. until I get what I
want.

And I put a boom support on the antenna so it doesn’t happen again.

Ken K6MR