Re: [TowerTalk] A3S Traps

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A3S Traps
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:56:35 -0500
Cushcraft confirms that the traps are supposed to have vent holes, like the originals. I've had to modify the other traps to enlarge the holes and cover them with screen to keep bugs out, so I'll just give the new ones the same treatment. Voids the warranty, but that's life.

The TH7 I had up for almost 30 years never had a trap problem. (Too high for the grass spiders, or whatever got into the A3 trap 20 feet below?) The HyGain traps have end caps that seal much better around the inner tubing, 3 vent holes in the trap, a small hole on the bottom of each end cap, and a small gap on the bottom where the end cap meets the outer case. Seems to work.

73,

Scott K9MA