[TowerTalk] FW: YW Antenna Software

To: "'Tower Talk'" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: YW Antenna Software
From: <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:52:43 -0500
YW results for modifying Hy-Gain monobanders have been spot on in my
experience.   Beware of a few things...   (1) adjust your build dimensions for
your boom tubing radius - or - add a dummy segment to your model to account for
the boom radius.   (2) beware that some of the available "optimized" YW models
don't account for limitations in element spacing along the boom caused by the
width of the boom splice plate.  (3) YW does not weight balance your antenna -
have to do that by separate calculation or manually after the build.

73 & good luck.

Matt
KM5VI