Re: [TowerTalk] Question regarding electrical connectivity of frozen tel

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question regarding electrical connectivity of frozen telescoping aluminum tubing
From: Gene Smar via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 20:57:30 -0400
TT:

     Allow me to add one more tip that I learned from TowerTalk denizens
years ago.  Use TWO separate Scotch-brite pads when reassembling the antenna
tubing.  One is used to clean the inside and outside of tubing to be joined
and the other is to be used ONLY to rub into the mating surfaces the NoAlOx,
Jetlube or whatever anti-ox joint compound you have selected.  This second
pad ensures that no oxidized material gets deposited back into the now-clean
surfaces.

     And don't glob the anti-ox compound onto the surfaces.  Use it
sparingly.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F