[TowerTalk] TA-53M with Wilson 40 meter traps

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TA-53M with Wilson 40 meter traps
From: Glenn Pritchard <gpritchard7000@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 17:56:13 -0700
Hi gang,
I had ordered the Wilson 33-6 MK trap kit from Charles Electronics to add
40 meters to my TA-53M. The Wilson tri bander's were identical in trap
configuration as the Mosley's were and seeing that the SY33 add on kit
would work with most any Mosley I got the kit and wound the coils per the
manual spec's. It works, not only did this save me a ton of money on a new
one but the hassle of paying duty as well. I had to adjust the tips to
bring the VSWR to 1.2:1 at 7.160.
Also wanted to upgrade the element support and added two more insulated
plastic blocks to each side of the driven element support and added a
support line for the element.
Thought I would share this if anyone is interested in saving a few
dollars...

Glenn, VA7UO