Re: [TowerTalk] Radials vs. cows

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radials vs. cows
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:57:37 -0700
You didn't say for what band. If for 160 or 80, I'd go with elevated radials if practical. The good advice I've gotten (from N6BT)  is that 18 ft is sort of a minimum height for 160, so half that for 80. Also, of course, per N6LF, eight is better than four, because it maximizes the uniformity of current distribution on the radials. My elevated radials for 160 worked a lot better after I raised them from about 6 ft to about 18 ft.

73, Jim K9YC