Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft/MFJ Traps

To: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft/MFJ Traps
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 18:34:08 +0000
Scot,

Thanks for the heads UP. I bought an new Chushcraft AW3 antenna.  I got to
install it one day B-4 My Major Lightning Strike ( READ UGLY)

Long story short I never did a VSWR sweep because there were storms in the area
and I hate being on a tower or handling coax  lines with thunder heads in the
area.

Well testing last week  the 12 meter  band  sweep  was 1:23 -1  BUT the 17
meter was 2:2-1 @ 18.070 and 3:5-1 @ 18:165    I took it down  yesterday   and
am assuming it’s a trap issue.

Again I assume  I’ll have to pry the other coil cover  up to gain access to the
coil’s   stay tuned

  I do not want to point fingers to MFJ yet

Wayne  W3EA