Re: [TowerTalk] TB-2US

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TB-2US
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 06:13:57 -0500
Is it worth the effort?  I thought flange bearings were pretty inexpensive.

John KK9A

From:   Jon Pearl - W4ABC
Date:   Sun, 29 Sep 2019 20:21:51 -0400

Good evening, Towertalkians,

I've got a pretty cruddy TB-2US that I'm soaking. I've removed it from the top of my TX-455. It's never been serviced and will spin somewhat freely after a good dosing of PBlaster. Upon turning the assembly over, I can visualize a ring (just like a ring in a piston cylinder) that sits inside of the housing and it appears to hold the bearing captive. The ring has close to a 3/4" gap in it. I'll get a better idea of when I'm looking at when some of the crud has dissolved.

Question: Once this thing has has a good scrubbing, would it be fair to assume that the ring could be popped out of the assembly with a screw driver - freeing-up the bearing?

Thanks & 73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC