[TowerTalk] multi-sheave pulley

To: kj6y--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] multi-sheave pulley
From: Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 12:26:10 -0500
Good afternoon,

I have to change the position pot in my PST-71 rotator for my Rohn 55
rotating tower,  I guess the 10 degree temp last  night finally got to it.
It has been going bad for a few weeks.

The rotator is five feet above ground, but it weighs over 50 pounds.  I
used to handle it with a pulley mounted on a 3 inch angle bracket which I
temporarily bolt to the side of the tower a few feet above the rotator.

The trouble is, at age 77 I no longer have the arm strength that I once
had.  So,  I would like to use a multi-sheave system to reduce the force
necessary to lift it off and reinstall it.  I have a two pully system which
would reduce it to half, but I think I had better go with a three or four
section system.

All this to ask what is a good three or four sheave fully?  It only need be
a two inch diameter. Or, a one inch would work also.  If you have any
knowledge which one and where to get it, it would be appreciated.  In the
meantime, I will do my own searching.  But, I thought it would be good to
have the input of someone who has actually used what they recommend.

As always, I look forward to the excellent advice that comes from this
group.

73,

Dave, K4TO