Re: [TowerTalk] OWA Yagis was 40m 4el KLM - replacing linear loading wit

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OWA Yagis was 40m 4el KLM - replacing linear loading with coils
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 14:55:26 -0500
Another factor is the width of the band.  I have a homebrew 3-element 30m full size + 4-element 17m combo that uses a conventional hairpin match on both bands.  The 12m is a similar hairpin matched type.  The WARC bands are so narrow vs. the frequency that you don't run into the issues that we have on much wider bands.

My other antennas for the conventional HF bands are OWA type. And that is for all the reasons mentioned prior.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com