Re: [TowerTalk] HST4-50 Heliax Message-ID:

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HST4-50 Heliax Message-ID:
From: Ronald Zerr <r_zerr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 23:40:45 +0000
So the replies match the full range of what came to mind when I read the data
sheet, the same one that Jim, K9YC, sent.

The cost to me is the 2 connector that go on the ends to provide me a 200ft
uninterrupted run to the tower. I was planning on terminations being inside
good Hoffman boxes rated for wash down. Location is not water-logged, its
Tucson. It will be going into a trench, but it is easy to lay sand 1st and
cover with same. The rocks where I am at are not large, and not super sharp.

I recall reading the Andrew's catalog and them indicating everything was
capable of direct burial, but as others have mentioned, plenum rated makes me
question it.

That said, more chatter may toss the decision, but real world experience will
drive the decision

Ron Zerr
WT5RZ