Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower 72 ft crank up grinds to a    standstill

To: towertalk@contesting.com, grants2@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower 72 ft crank up grinds to a    standstill
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 16:45:26 +0000 (UTC)
>  A comment on another post - it's way past time to replace a 20 year old
hoist cable!  Esp when there was no maintenance.
    Or maybe not. I WOULD replace a cable if it has 1) excessive rust, 2)
damage or 3) excessive broken strands. If it's the typical crank-up (and I've
worked on dozens of them) and it doesn't have one of more of those problems, I
would use some PreLube on the cables and not worry about it. I've only run into
1 or 2 crank-ups that really needed cable replacing. And it's typically not an
easy job as well.

Cheers,Steve    K7LXCTOWER TECH -Professional tower services for amateursI've
worked on 270 different tower installations