[TowerTalk] How to drill foundation?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to drill foundation?
From: Robert Gerace <robert.gerace@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 12:39:24 -0400
I just received my engineered plans and learned of the foundation requirements.

The plans state:

“48” x 12’4” (If circular) below grade and 4” to 6” above grade. Order a
complete truck to avoid shortage”

I’m thinking my idea to rent a mini-ex and dig my own hole just went out the
window.

To avoid using two trucks I’m thinking I want to use a 4 foot wide auger that
can go down 12’4”. I’m also thinking I want to hire someone to get it
perpendicular.

My question is: how do I find / hire the cell tower footing guys? Or does the
group have any better ideas?

Also, I’m in FL near the coast. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have a lot of
water in the pit.

Thanks
Bob
KD4Q