[TowerTalk] LP Antenna Question

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LP Antenna Question
From: "Doug Ronald" <doug@dougronald.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 12:37:36 -0800
I have a question for the group (maybe not the right group): My log periodic
dipole array antenna has the coaxial transmission line terminus with a Z0 of
about 64 Ohms (measured with a VNA, and calculated from basic dimensions)
directly connected to an open wire transmission line with a calculated Z0 of
about 123 Ohms. This happens at the very high frequency end of the antenna,
and then the dipole elements are connected to the open wire line in the
usual crisscross pattern down the antenna's boom. It hasn't escaped my
attention that the open wire line is twice the Z0 of the coax, so somehow
that open wire line must appear as two open wire lines in parallel. Could
someone take a stab at explaining that for me?
Thanks,
Doug, W6DSR