Re: [TowerTalk] Understanding Coax Loss Measurements

To: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Understanding Coax Loss Measurements
From: Edward Mccann via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 14:10:52 -0800
Thanks Jim:

But not sure which your “yes” addresses, part 1 or part 2?

1. “If I use the VNA with direct input of ladder line, say nominal 450 ohm Zo,
but with measured parameters more near 400 ohms, should I not run OSL
calibration with a 400 ohm load prior to running the sweep?”

2. “The response below seems to imply that calibration with a 50 ohm load will
yield “good results for coax and two-wire line of any impedance?”

Appreciate the clarification.

For example, Sark-110 allows you to select Zo, calibrate for 50 ohms, then add
or subtract feed line, with a menu of 50 to 450 ohm feed lines.

Thanks!

Ed McCann
AG6CX

Sent from my iPhone