Re: [TowerTalk] pulley advice

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pulley advice
From: W7TMT - Patrick <W7TMT@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 00:09:15 +0000
As a sailor, with tens of thousands of miles of open ocean sailing and zero
tolerance for gear failure in that environment, I'll add my 2 cents.

KZ1W's recommendations regarding polymer ball bearing blocks etc. spot on. In
addition to the big name marine manufactures he mentioned take a look at
Garhauer Marine (https://www.garhauermarine.com/) US made, 10 year
unconditional guarantee and very cost competitive. I use their blocks for my
main sail and headsail sheeting, highest loads on the boat, and they have been
used and abused in up to 50+ knots of wind. Still perfect after many thousands
of miles. Top quality US made stuff.

As for where to buy, I'm not at all a fan of West Marine for a variety or
reasons. I'd suggest you check out Defender (https://www.defender.com/) for
better prices and seriously better customer service.

Patrick, W7TMT